The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
November 11, 2002 Issue - 17 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
Was TNR too hard on Al Gore?, etc.
- TRB: Age Gap, p. 6
Why only the elderly vote
- Be Prepared, p. 7
A reality check on homeland security
- Notebook, pp. 8-9
Remembering Paul Wellstone, etc.
- Memory Lapse, p. 10
The politics of remembering Paul Wellstone
- Rwanda Dispatch: Ghost Story, p. 11
Why there's no Rwandan justice
- Soft Sell, pp. 12-14
This year the GOP is reaching out to black voters more than ever before. Too bad it's t...
- On the Hill: Inside Job, pp. 15-17
Once upon a time, Democrats considered Senator Robert Byrd a charming anachronism. Then...
- Dirty War, pp. 18-21
The ugly little secret of the war on terrorism is that many of America's allies don't f...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Real Women, Problematic Men (2 Reviews) , p. 22
Real Women Have Curves (2002 Film), by Patricia Cardoso
- Real Women Have Curves (2002 Film) by Patricia Cardoso
- Bowling for Columbine (2002 Film) by Michael Moore
- On Art: The Court Painter of Montparnasse, pp. 23-27
An important new retrospective makes the case for why Modigliani matters
[+] Hayden Go Bragh (Review) , pp. 28-29
Irish on the Inside, by Tom Hayden
- Irish on the Inside by Tom Hayden
- What to Do When Surrounded, pp. 30-31
[+] Sex and the City (Review) , pp. 32-33
Republic of Dreams, by Ross Wetzsteon
- Republic of Dreams by Ross Wetzsteon
[+] Robots and Hopes (2 Reviews) , pp. 34-37
Cross Roads, by Karel Capek
- Cross Roads by Karel Capek
- Karel Capek: Life and Work by Ivan Klima
- Washington Diarist: Unconcern, pp. 38-40
- On the Cover: Illustration