The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
June 27, 1994 Issue - 19 Articles
- TRB: Low Fiber, pp. 4-5
Is the data superhighway bad news for the underclass?
- Correspondence, pp. 6-8
Bill Clinton's flaws, Russell Kirk's virtues, etc.
- Back to Health, p. 9
Reform is possible this year. Here's how
- Notebook, p. 10
Longing for two Yemen, a medal for the rebbe, etc.
- The Flapjack File: Duck?, p. 11
The Flap goes to war
- Bad Blood, pp. 12-13
You would think that AIDS activists would be happy to see a cheap, reliable HIV home te...
- Cry Shame, p. 14
The mean little minds of White House reporters
- Bride and Seek, pp. 15-16
The American wife-hunt in Russia
- Due North, pp. 17-18
Ollie's nomination for senator isn't an aberration. It is the culmination of forces tha...
- The Press: Potus Operandi, pp. 19-20
The perils of covering Clinton
- Perry's Parry, pp. 21-25
As the United States heads for a showdown with North Korea, all eyes are on Defense Sec...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: Eye Witnesses (2 Reviews) , p. 26
Talking Pictures, by Sylvia Shorris and Marion Abbott Bundy
- Talking Pictures by Sylvia Shorris and Marion Abbott Bundy
- Freedom on My Mind (1994 Film) by Connie Field and Marilyn Mulford
- On Theater: The American Mouth, pp. 27-28
Joan Rivers's solipsism
[+] Helter Shelter (2 Reviews) , pp. 29-33
The Homeless, by Christopher Jencks
- The Homeless by Christopher Jencks
- Tell Them Who I Am by Elliot Liebow
[+] The Troublemaker (Review) , pp. 34-37
Mencken: A Life, by Fred C. Hobson
- Mencken: A Life by Fred C. Hobson
- Lago di Como: The Cypresses, p. 38
[+] French Revolutions (2 Reviews) , pp. 39-41
Arguing Revolution, by Sunil Khilnani
- Arguing Revolution by Sunil Khilnani
- The Lives of Michel Foucault by David Macey
- Washington Diarist: Vivid Air, pp. 42-44