The New Republic Archives
The New Republic • 96 Years, 4,504 Issues, 84,793 Articles, 162,453pp
June 1, 1992 Issue - 19 Articles
- Correspondence, pp. 4-5
L'affaire poujadiste; why Barnes can't win, etc.
- TRB: The Last Resort, pp. 6-8
A case for the balanced budget amendment
- The Cure, p. 9
The main incredients for health care result
- Notebook, p. 10
Bill Moyers vs. Peter Arnett, Bush goes to Rio, etc.
- White House Watch: Unkempt, p. 11
Bush gets an urban policy
- Goneril's Lament, p. 12
King Lear's co-dependency issues
- Us and Them, pp. 12-13
An Asian take on the Los Angeles riots
- Not So Slick, pp. 14-16
New evidence on Clinton's 'draft-dodging'
- Spoonful of Sugar, p. 17
How the British Tories made socialized medicine work---and beat the health care lobby i...
- Work-Care, pp. 18-20
Employers should be the base for universal health care
- The Prescription, pp. 21-26
The key to health care reform is universal coverage, cost control, and patient choice. ...
- The Odd Couple, pp. 27-35
Once Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, George Bush called him Hitler and risked thousands ...
Books and the Arts
[+] On Films: United State (Review) , p. 36
November Days (1991 Film), by Marcel Ophuls
- November Days (1991 Film) by Marcel Ophuls
- The Fire Last Time, pp. 37-43
[+] The Gulag Circus (2 Reviews) , pp. 44-47
On Clowns: The Dictator and the Artist, by Norman Manea
- On Clowns: The Dictator and the Artist by Norman Manea
- October, Eight O'clock by Norman Manea
- Lines in Furtherance of a Jumprope Rhyme, p. 48
[+] Through a Glass Darkly (Review) , pp. 49-53
The Broken Staff, by Frank E. Manuel
- The Broken Staff by Frank E. Manuel
- Washington Diarist: Me and My Cars, pp. 54-56
- Cover photo of George Bush