The Nation Archives
The Nation • 119 Years, 5,668 Issues, 110,129 Articles, 163,670pp
Show MoreShow AllFinding...Find More
October 20, 1926 Issue - 22 Articles
- Editorial Paragraphs, pp. 387-389
- Dear Old Private Initiative, p. 390
- What Every Coolie Knows , p. 391
- A Little Poetry , p. 391
- Watch Massachusetts , p. 392
- Washington's Smoke Nuisance
Harry S. Bressler, p. 393
- Is Germany Disarmed?
Louis Fischer, p. 394
- France and Her Politicians
Oswald Garrison Villard, p. 395
- Idols Behind Altars
Anita Brenner, pp. 396-397
- The Socialization of Medicine
Joseph Krimsky, pp. 398-399
- Are Farm-Land Speculators Entitled To Pity?
Benjamin C. Marsh, p. 400
Hal Saunders White, p. 401
- In the Driftway
The Drifter, p. 402
- Correspondence, pp. 402-404
Books and Plays
- Now the Sky
Mark Van Doren, p. 405
[+] Coleridge (Review)
Jacob Zeitlin, p. 405
Samuel Taylor Coleridge, by Hugh l'Anson Fausset
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge by Hugh l'Anson Fausset
[+] Meredith (2 Reviews)
Lucien Price, p. 406
George Meredith, by J.B. Priestley
- George Meredith by J.B. Priestley
- The Writings and Life of George Meredith by Mary Sturge Gretton
[+] Rome Simplified (Review)
Tenney Frank, p. 407
The Roman Spirit in Religion, Thought and Art, by Albert Grenier
- The Roman Spirit in Religion, Thought and Art by Albert Grenier
[+] For Independence (Review)
William MacDonald, p. 407
The Conquest of the Philippines by the United States, 1898-1925, by Moorfield Storey an...
- The Conquest of the Philippines by the United States, 1898-1925 by Moorfield Storey and Marcial P. Lichauco
[+] Books in Brief (6 Reviews) , p. 408
The Writing of History, by Jean Jules Jusserand and Wilbur Cortez Abbott, ...
- The Writing of History by Jean Jules Jusserand and Wilbur Cortez Abbott, ...
- 1825-1925: A Century of Stupendous Progress~~Eighteen Twenty-Five to Nineteen Twenty-Five: A Century of Stupendous Progress by Joseph McCabe
- Social Struggles and Modern Socialism by Max Beer
- Four Years Beneath the Crescent by Rafael de Nogales
- Four Novelists of the Old Regime by John Garber Palache
- An Economic History of Europe to the End of the Middle Ages by Melvin Moses Knight, Harry Elmer Barnes, and Felix Flugel, ...
- Drama: "The Lion Tamer"
Joseph Wood Krutch, pp. 408-409
International Relations Section
- Russia, the Land of Contradictions
Sherwood Eddy, pp. 410-414