Inquiry • 6 Years, 79 Issues, 1,001 Articles, 2,988pp
August 1982 Issue - 12 Articles
- Inquiries, pp. 3-7
Israel's onslaught (guest editorial); Babbling Democrats; Mixing heroin and booze
- Letters, p. 8
- The First Amendment Wins One., pp. 9-11
"The First Amendment clearly bars the government from penalizing mere advocacy of any i...
- Who's Afraid of Defense Reform?, pp. 12-15
Defense reformers challenge the Pentagon's way of doing things, but never its choice of...
- The Senate's Dirty Dozen, pp. 16-23
We were tempted to name the Senate's one hundred worst senators, but decided to draw th...
- Does Poland Matter?, pp. 24-28
Of course Poland matters, but the ultimate foreign-policy questions America has to answ...
- Natural Gas: The Controls Are on You, pp. 29-33
The artificially low prices on natural gas maintained by price controls are spurring ov...
[+] The price of union (Review) , pp. 34-36
Ordeal By Fire, by James M. McPherson
- Ordeal By Fire by James M. McPherson
[+] Coming of age at the SEC (Review) , pp. 37-40
Regulation by Prosecution, by Roberta S. Karmel
- Regulation by Prosecution by Roberta S. Karmel
[+] Britain's delicate condition (2 Reviews) , pp. 41-43
Britain in Decline, by Andrew Gamble
- Britain in Decline by Andrew Gamble
- Britain Against Itself by Samuel H. Beer
[+] E. T. the Extra-Terrestrial Directed by Steven Spielberg Poltergeist Directed by Tobe Hooper and Star Trek II Directed by Nicholas Meyer. (3 Reviews) , pp. 44-47
E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial (1982 Film), by Steven Spielberg
- E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial (1982 Film) by Steven Spielberg
- Poltergeist (1982 Film) by Tobe Hooper and Steven Spielberg
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982 Film) by Nicholas Meyer
- Way Off Broadway., pp. 48-50
The U.S. federal government's song and dance just keeps on going over budget.