Inquiry • 6 Years, 79 Issues, 1,001 Articles, 2,988pp
May 14, 1979 Issue - 10 Articles
- Inquiries, pp. 3-6
Hooverism lives; The nuclear dinosaur; War in Uganda
First Amendment Watch
- Stifling the Progressive., pp. 7-8
The case of The Progressive involves the highest stakes, but most of the nation's paper...
Bread & Circuses
- Paying Off the Teachers., pp. 9-10
If Congress creates a Department of Education, Jimmy Carter will have paid off a campai...
- What the Press Doesn't Know About Inflation., pp. 11-12
The American media's coverage of inflation is like the Leaning Tower of Pisa: narrow an...
- The Corps of Engineers in Fantasy Land, pp. 13-17
Killed by its supporters as the redemption of the South, the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterw...
- The Kennedy Assassination Cover-Up, pp. 18-22
The House Assassinations Committee has concluded that more than one gunman fired at the...
[+] A single man (Review) , pp. 23-24
Christopher Isherwood, by Brian Finney
- Christopher Isherwood by Brian Finney
[+] Backdoor to war (Review) , pp. 25-27
Cover-Up: The Politics of Pearl Harbor, 1941-1946, by Bruce R. Bartlett
- Cover-Up: The Politics of Pearl Harbor, 1941-1946 by Bruce R. Bartlett
[+] Locking out the poor (Review) , pp. 28-29
The Environmental Protection Hustle, by Bernard J. Frieden
- The Environmental Protection Hustle by Bernard J. Frieden
[+] Hair, Directed by Milos Forman. (Review) , pp. 30-34
Hair (1979 Film), by Milos Forman
- Hair (1979 Film) by Milos Forman