The Harpers Monthly Archives
The Harpers Monthly • 159 Years, 1,819 Issues, 37,049 Articles, 242,748pp
April 1971 Issue - 16 Articles
- About This Issue, pp. 4-5
- Letters, pp. 6-11
- The Easy Chair, pp. 12-29
...the marijuana and folklore industries
- Performing Arts, pp. 30-44
- The End of the Politics of Pleasure, pp. 45-59
How to judge the career of Adam Clayton Powell, Jr.---Mr. Jesus, Keep-the-faith, the Ol...
- The Eternal City, pp. 60-61
- Jess Unruh and His Moment of Truth, pp. 62-69
Every liberal thinker in California awarded the election to Ronald Reagan before it beg...
- One Day in the Life of Guy Vander Jagt (R.-Mich.), pp. 70-78
He will spend his day---not being caught by the great questions of war and peace---but ...
- An Autumnal, p. 79
- Hansel and Gretal, p. 79
- The Old Man, pp. 80-89
It's not given to sons to know everything of their fathers, and what they know they hav...
- The Call, pp. 90-93
- Of Dogs, pp. 94-97
Ever a superdog with ESP remains a dog---we like it that way
- In Praise of Wounded Men, pp. 98-103
Vietnam veterans, back home, wounded...
[+] Books (2 Reviews) , pp. 104-109
The truth which dares not speak its name
- The Death of the Family by David Cooper
- Knots by R.D. Laing
- Music, pp. 110-112