The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
May 1998 Issue - 19 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 258-259
Mr. Spencer Versus the State
- The Free Market and Scientific Research, pp. 260-262
The private sector does produce important scientific breakthroughs.
- On That Day Began Lies, pp. 263-271
Individuals must resolves to act and speak for themselves.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 272-273
The Freedom Not to Pay for Other People's Politics
- "Let'Em Skate!": Defeating Local Socialism, pp. 274-277
A special-interest project is put on ice.
- Human Ignorance and Social Engineering, pp. 278-282
How institutions of society naturally evolve.
- Potomac Principles, pp. 283-284
Deficits Are Good
- Unrestrained Appetites, Unlimited Government, pp. 285-289
What we can learn from Wickard v. Filburn.
- We Can Do Better than Government Inspection of Meat, pp. 290-295
How market incentives provide consumers with valuable safeguards.
- Peripatetics, pp. 296-297
Drawing the Line
- A Number, Not a Name: Big Brother by Stealth, pp. 298-303
The move toward national identification cards.
- Economic Notions, pp. 304-306
Social Cooperation, Good Intentions, and Incentives
- Herbert Dow and Predatory Pricing, pp. 307-312
How a pioneering chemist successfully fought a German cartel.
Economics on Trial
- Today's Most Influential Economist?, pp. 313-314
[+] Review Fair Play, by Steven Landsburg (Review) , p. 315
- Fair Play by Steven Landsburg
[+] Review Rediscovering American Values, by Dick Devos a... (Review) , p. 316
- Rediscovering American Values by Dick Devos and Gerald R. Ford
[+] Review In Restraint of Trade, by Butler D. Shaffer (Review) , pp. 317-318
- In Restraint of Trade by Butler D. Shaffer
- The Pursuit of Happiness, p. 319
Salt Without Savor
- Notes From Fee
Cursed by Economic Knowledge and Ignorance