The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
September 1996 Issue - 20 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 594-595
- Must the News Media Be Inimical to Freedom?, pp. 596-601
Reasons behind the news bias against the market process.
- Freedom and Language, pp. 602-604
The importance of linguistic integrity and precision.
- Two Cases of Press Malpractice, pp. 605-607
How broadcast journalists mishandle economic news.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 608-609
Reviving a Civil Society
- Obscenity: The Case for a Free Market in Free Speech, pp. 610-615
Defending the undefendable.
- Who Put the E in E-Mail?, pp. 616-617
- Is the Public Served by the Public Interest Standard?, pp. 618-620
Consumers benefit more from market competition.
- The Virtues of Free Speech, pp. 621-623
The connection to human excellence.
- Potomac Principles, pp. 624-626
In Service of a Boondoggle
- The Entrepreneur as a Defender of Liberty, pp. 627-630
Pursuit of private interests in a competitive environment can further the cause of free...
- Charles James Fox, Valiant Voice for Liberty, pp. 631-638
A portrait of "the greatest parliamentary defender of civil and religious liberty."
Economics on Trial
- New Keynesians Finally Reject Keynes's "General" Theory, pp. 639-641
[+] 2 Reviews Restoring Hope in America, by Sam Beard (2 Reviews) , p. 642
- Restoring Hope in America by Sam Beard
- Let's Get Rid of Social Security by E.J. Myers
[+] Review Founding Father, by Richard Brookhiser (Review) , p. 643
- Founding Father by Richard Brookhiser
[+] Review The Flat Tax, by Daniel J. Mitchell (Review) , p. 644
- The Flat Tax by Daniel J. Mitchell
[+] Review The Anatomy of an International Monetary Regim... (Review) , pp. 645-646
- The Anatomy of an International Monetary Regime by Giulio M. Gallarotti
[+] Review The Future of Capitalism, by Lester C. Thurow (Review) , p. 647
- The Future of Capitalism by Lester C. Thurow
[+] Review It's No Gamble, by Lewis David Johnson (Review) , p. 648
- It's No Gamble by Lewis David Johnson
- Notes from Fee
Growing Income Disparity