The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
September 1995 Issue - 28 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 538-539
- Taking Money Back, pp. 540-543
Who shall control the vital money-supply function?
- Free Market Economists: 400 Years Ago, pp. 544-547
Discovering the real founders of economic science.
- The Ethics of War: Hiroshima and Nagasaki After 50 Years, pp. 548-551
Examining the moral legitimacy of the use of nuclear weapons.
- The Attack on Grassroots Liberty, pp. 552-554
The expanding role of the federal judiciary.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 555-556
Just Say No to Farm Subsidies
- The Crusade for Politically-Correct Consumption, pp. 557-560
Neo-puritanism run amok.
- Legislation and Law in a Free Society, pp. 561-563
What sort of legal system is appropriate for developing a proper body of law?
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Why "Greed is Good", pp. 564-566
The truth about takeovers, LBOs, and other corporate reorganizations.
- The Minimum Wage's Dirty Little Secret, pp. 567-568
The least-skilled and lowest-paid workers will lose the most if an increase is passed.
- A Matter of Principle, pp. 569-570
Persuasion or Popularity?
- It's Time to Privatize Unemployment Insurance, pp. 571-574
Freedom of choice and individual contract would benefit individual workers.
- Strike Out? Blame Fast Food, pp. 575-576
Grocers face competition from a new source.
- Is There a Right to Work?, pp. 577-584
Only if it means the right to make an offer to consumers.
- Potomac Principles, pp. 585-586
Budget Debate, Washington-Style
- Freedom: An Endangered Species, pp. 587-588
Forsaking our heritage of protecting individual rights
- What Free Trade Really Means, pp. 589-591
Enacting a policy of unrestrained trade at home and abroad.
- Economics on Trial, pp. 592-593
Freedom for Everyone...Except the Immigrant
H.L. Mencken, America's Wittiest Defender of Liberty
- A portrait of Henry Louis Mencken, born 115 years ago this month., pp. 594-598
[+] Review Criminal Justice?, by Robert James Bidinotto (Review) , p. 599
- Criminal Justice? by Robert James Bidinotto
[+] Review A Second Mencken Chrestomathy, by Terry Teacho... (Review) , pp. 600-601
- A Second Mencken Chrestomathy by Terry Teachout and H.L. Mencken
[+] Review The Politics of Envy, by Doug Bandow (Review) , p. 602
- The Politics of Envy by Doug Bandow
[+] Review The Elgar Companion to Austrian Economics, by ... (Review) , p. 603
- The Elgar Companion to Austrian Economics by Peter J. Boettke, K.D. Hoover, and C.K. Rowley
[+] Review Speaking Freely, by Henry Mark Holzer (Review) , pp. 604-605
- Speaking Freely by Henry Mark Holzer
[+] Review Life After Television, by George Gilder (Review) , p. 606
- Life After Television by George Gilder
[+] Review The State is Rolling Back, by Arthur Seldon (Review) , p. 607
- The State is Rolling Back by Arthur Seldon
[+] Review A Moral Basis for Liberty, by Robert A. Sirico (Review) , p. 608
- A Moral Basis for Liberty by Robert A. Sirico
- Notes from Fee
A $55 Trillion National Debt