The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
August 1995 Issue - 27 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 482-483
- The Economics of Good Intentions, pp. 484-485
The beneficial social results of self-interested behavior.
- Nature Versus the Central Planners, pp. 486-488
The very nature of the universe makes central planning impossible
- Environmental Law Endangers Property Rights, pp. 489-492
The erosion of a fundamental freedom.
- The Environmental Assault on Mobility, pp. 493-494
We don't have to five up automobile travel in order to have clean air.
- Meaning Well Versus Doing Well, pp. 495-496
It's more that just the thought that counts.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 497-498
Putting Leviathan in Perspective
- The Ups and Downs of Unemployment, pp. 499-501
Some reflections on work, incentive, government intervention, and the free market.
- The Ethics of Rhetoric, pp. 502-503
Ignoble political discourse-and its implications.
- A Peek Behind the Old "Iron Curtain", pp. 504-507
A firsthand report from FEE's resident scholar.
- A Matter of Principle, pp. 508-509
Justice or "Utility"?
- Justice and Cultural Diversity, pp. 510-511
What kind of governmental system best insures the greatest freedoms for individuals and...
- Individual Responsibility and Economic Well-Being, pp. 512-513
Government redistribution of wealth does not promote prosperity.
- Potomac Principle, pp. 514-515
Terror: Against or by Government?
- Crime and Race, pp. 516-517
Leniency toward criminals harms blacks most.
- The Uneasy Case for "Tax Fairness", pp. 518-519
The inequities of progressive taxation.
- Vouchers: Competition or Conformity?, pp. 520-521
The dangers of a proposed educational reform.
- Maria Montessori, Who Gave Children Everywhere Freedom to Achieve Independence, pp. 522-526
Remembering the innovative Italian educator.
Economics on Trial
- The Age of Confusion, pp. 527-528
[+] Review The American Economy in the Twentieth Century,... (Review) , p. 529
- The American Economy in the Twentieth Century by Gene Smiley
[+] Review Taxation and Confiscation, by Hans F. Sennholz (Review) , p. 529
- Taxation and Confiscation by Hans F. Sennholz
[+] Review The Theme Is Freedom, by M. Stanton Evans (Review) , pp. 530-531
- The Theme Is Freedom by M. Stanton Evans
[+] Review Out of Focus, by Burton Yale Pines and Timothy... (Review) , p. 532
- Out of Focus by Burton Yale Pines and Timothy W. Lamer
[+] Review Property Rights, by Ellen Frankel Paul (Review) , p. 533
- Property Rights by Ellen Frankel Paul
[+] 2 Reviews A Nation Under Lawyers, by Mary Ann Glendon (2 Reviews) , p. 534
- A Nation Under Lawyers by Mary Ann Glendon
- Recapturing the Constitution by Stephen B. Presser
[+] Review Abuse Excuse, by Alan Dershowitz (Review) , p. 535
- Abuse Excuse by Alan Dershowitz
- Notes from Fee
Protectionism Old and New