The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
April 1995 Issue - 26 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 202-203
"Economics 101-From Prison"
- How Gold Was Money-How Gold Could Be Money Again, pp. 204-209
Putting gold in the hands of individuals.
- The Forgotten Private Banker, pp. 210-214
An overlooked chapter in American financial history.
- The Failure of Central Banking in Developing Countries, pp. 215-218
Weakened barriers against political pressures for inflation.
- Ideas and Consequences, pp. 219-220
Comparable Worth or Incomparably Worthless?
- The Prejudice Against Midnight Dishwashing, pp. 221-222
Misplaced compassion and erroneous economic reasoning demonize productive businessmen.
- First-Class Mail, Third-Class Competition, pp. 223-224
Challenging the postal monopoly
- Freedom, Legislation, and Disabilities, pp. 225-226
The harmful effects of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Fortunately, It's Just a Game, pp. 227-228
Lessons from Monopoly.
- A Matter of Principle, pp. 229-230
Values or Virtues?
- Have Doctors Forsaken Their Ethics?, pp. 231-234
Restoring the Hippocratic Ethic and patient autonomy.
- Rising Health-Care Costs: Who's the Villain?, pp. 235-239
Individual accountability, not government intervention, will help control health-care s...
- Letters to the Editor, p. 240
- Justice or Legal Extortion?, pp. 241-243
The U.S. civil justice system has become little more than a spectacular sweepstakes gam...
- Are We Burying Ourselves in Garbage?, pp. 244-246
The alleged crisis in municipal solid waste disposal.
- Eco-Fascism, pp. 247-249
A new threat to private property
- Herbert Spencer: Liberty and Unlimited Human Progress, pp. 250-253
April 27 marks the 175th birthday of one of liberty's early champions.
- The U. S. Banking Debacle of the 1980s: A Lesson in Government Mismanagement, pp. 254-259
An analysis of a government failure.
Economics on Trial
- Friedman vs. the Austrians, Part II, pp. 260-261
[+] Review Perpetuating Poverty, by Doug Bandow and Ian V... (Review) , pp. 262-263
- Perpetuating Poverty by Doug Bandow and Ian Vasquez
[+] Review Scarcity or Abundance?, by Norman Myers, Nancy... (Review) , pp. 264-265
- Scarcity or Abundance? by Norman Myers, Nancy J. Myers, and Julian Simon
[+] Review The Individualist Anarchists, by Frank H. Brooks (Review) , p. 266
- The Individualist Anarchists by Frank H. Brooks
[+] Review Demosclerosis, by Jonathan Rauch (Review) , p. 267
- Demosclerosis by Jonathan Rauch
[+] Review What Went Right in the 1980s, by Richard B. Mc... (Review) , pp. 268-269
- What Went Right in the 1980s by Richard B. McKenzie
[+] Review Separating School and State, by Sheldon Richman (Review) , p. 270
- Separating School and State by Sheldon Richman
- Notes from Fee