The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
February 1989 Issue - 15 Articles
- Lessons in a Supermarket, pp. 52-53
Voluntary transactions lead to peaceful interaction.
- Growth Controls and Individual Liberties, pp. 54-56
The personal and economic costs of government control of private property.
- Why Is There a Drug Problem?, pp. 57-59
Seeking answers to a complex question.
- " What Do You Want to Be? ", pp. 60-61
Encouraging children to make choices.
- Responding to the Oil Shock: The U.S. Economy Since 1973, pp. 62-65
Rational and nonrational responses to the energy "crisis."
- The Entrenchment of the State, pp. 66-68
Why has no major communist government ever been overthrown from within?
- Blockading Ourselves, pp. 69-70
What the blockade of confederate ports teaches about protectionism.
- Popper, Hayek, and Classical Liberalism, pp. 71-73
Which form of social organization would best enable us to learn our mistakes?
- Islamic Capitalism: The Turkish Boom, pp. 74-75
Individual effort points the way to a prosperous future.
- Markets and Morality, pp. 76-79
The moral advantages of a social system that holds individuals accountable for their ac...
- Taxation Versus Efficiency, pp. 80-81
How taxation discourages the advantages of specialization.
Myths of the Rich Man
- The market process assures us that society will never be at the mercy of one malevolent monopolist., pp. 82-83
[+] Review The Life of Herbert Hoover: The Humanitarian, ... (Review) , p. 84
- The Life of Herbert Hoover: The Humanitarian, 1914-1917 by George H. Nash
[+] Review Equity and Gender, by Ellen Frankel Paul (Review) , pp. 85-86
- Equity and Gender by Ellen Frankel Paul
[+] Review The Theory of Free Banking, by George A. Selgin (Review) , pp. 87-90
- The Theory of Free Banking by George A. Selgin