The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
November 1988 Issue - 13 Articles
- The Pilgrims in Holland, pp. 420-423
Preparing for self-government in the New World.
- PR Morality, pp. 424-426
How corporate leaders can take a moral stand.
- Why College Costs Are Rising, pp. 427-431
How government subsidy has boosted prices and encouraged waste.
- Minimum Wage, Maximum Harm, pp. 432-433
A big lesson in a small town.
- The Inequality of Labor Legislation, pp. 434-435
Whom do labor laws protect?
- The Banking Crisis, pp. 436-440
The crumbling of our overregulated national banking system.
- Decentralization: Freedom by Diffusion, pp. 441-442
Achieving true freedom through self-government.
- Broadcasting, Property Rights, and the First Amendment, pp. 443-447
Federal control of the airwaves is antithetical to the principles of a free society.
- The Myth of Cultural Imperialism, pp. 448-453
It is not surprising that the most open society on earth has the most attractive popula...
- Bringing the Pirates to Bay, pp. 454-456
Concerning property rights and software piracy.
- Leave DAT Alone, pp. 457-458
"Fair use," the copy-code law, and digital audio tape.
- Privatization at the State and Local Level, pp. 459-460
How to improve the economic efficiency of airports, hospitals, colleges, and other inst...
[+] Book Reviews (4 Reviews) , pp. 461-466
Economics and The Moral Order, by Joseph Baldacchino
- Economics and The Moral Order by Joseph Baldacchino
- Educating for Virtue by Joseph Baldacchino
- Compassion versus Guilt and Other Essays by Thomas Sowell
- Ludwig von Mises by Murray N. Rothbard