The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
May 1988 Issue - 16 Articles
- Undertaxed or Overspent?, pp. 166-168
Tracking down the source of Federal deficits.
- The Brady Report: Threat to Stock Market Stability, pp. 169-171
Proposals that would actually increase the likelihood of another crash.
- Wage Earners and Employers, pp. 172-173
A transcription of a 1962 radio appearance, in print for the first time.
- Democracy's Road to Tyranny, pp. 174-177
Three patterns of social change, all leading to totalitarian slavery.
- Mom's Monopoly, Part II, pp. 178-179
Sam learns about prices and pricing.
- Caveat Emptor, pp. 180-181
Has the notion of personal responsibility been banished from the legal scene?
- Vanishing Voluntarism, pp. 182-183
When "Voluntary" agencies become government programs.
- The World Band vs. the World's Poor, pp. 184-187
Bankrolling a rush to socialism in the third world.
- A Visit to Nicaragua, pp. 188-189
Under the sandinistas, Nicaragua's economy is descending into utter chaos.
- Africa and the Difference Between Growing Food and Eating It, pp. 190-197
Economic development is the answer to Africa's food crisis.
- Home-Based Work: New Opportunities for Women?, pp. 198-199
Local, state, and Federal regulations threaten a growing sector of the economy.
- Campus Activities: Who Pays the Bills?, pp. 200-201
A remedy for some ills affecting student organizations.
- Readers' Forum, p. 202
- Property Rights and Eminent Domain, pp. 203-205
An article-review examining Ellen Frankel Paul's natural rights theory of property rights.
[+] A Reviewer's Notebook (Review) , pp. 206-207
A Review of Entrepreneurs vs. The State by Burton W. Fulsom, Jr.
- Entrepreneurs vs. the State by Burton W. Folsom, Jr.
[+] Other Books (Review) , pp. 208-210
Marva Collins' Way by Marva Collins and Civia Tamarkin
- Marva Collins' Way by Marva Collins and Civia Tamarkin