The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
November 1987 Issue - 7 Articles
- David: From Beggar to Entrepreneur-In a Day, pp. 404-408
A Peruvian street urchin, aided by an American partner, discovers the rewards of the ma...
- "Insider Trading": The Moral Issue, pp. 409-414
The ethics of gaining and using inside business information.
- Voluntary and Coercive Cartels: The Case of Oil, pp. 415-425
An analysis of the various monopoly and cartel arrangements in the oil industry-And the...
- Federal Job Training: Road to Nowhere, pp. 426-427
Federal programs to alleviate teen unemployment are all too often a dead-end.
- Why Government Jobs Programs Destroy Jobs, pp. 428-430
Government efforts to create jobs are bound to fail.
- The Trade Deficit, pp. 431-436
Overcoming the old mercantilist notion of a national "balance of trade."
[+] Book Reviews (4 Reviews) , pp. 437-440
The Closing of the American Mind, by Allan Bloom
- The Closing of the American Mind by Allan Bloom
- Cultural Literacy by E.D. Hirsch, Jr.
- Crisis and Leviathan by Robert Higgs
- The Rule of Experts by S. David Young