The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
June 1987 Issue - 11 Articles
- The Face of a Bureaucrat, pp. 204-205
A hospital administrator comes face to face with a hometown bureaucrat.
- Privatizing Japan's Railroads, pp. 206-209
The privatization of Japanese railways could point the way to further political and eco...
- Planning Threatens Freedom, pp. 210-211
Economic controls are people controls.
- Socialism Succeeds by Failing, pp. 212-214
Socialism continues to attract followers despite its economic inefficiency.
- Houston's Laissez-Faire Housing Policy, pp. 215-217
A free market will provide consumers with the best housing at the least cost.
- The True Charity, pp. 218-219
By discouraging individual independence, public charity proves uncharitable.
- Pay Television and Property Rights, pp. 220-222
A recent FCC ruling concerning pay television has revived questions about freeloading, ...
- Privatizing Federal Programs, pp. 223-228
Untangling the many meanings of privatization.
- Defending the Rich, pp. 229-230
Wealth does not cause poverty.
- Banking Before the Federal Reserve: The U.S. and Canada Compared, pp. 231-235
Government restrictions made the American banking system vulnerable to panics, while na...
[+] Book Reviews (3 Reviews) , pp. 236-240
Out of Step, by Sidney Hook
- Out of Step by Sidney Hook
- Regulating Government by Dwight R. Lee and Richard B. McKenzie
- After Apartheid by Frances Kendall and Leon Louw