The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
February 1987 Issue - 9 Articles
- Goodbye, Mr.Chips: U.S. Creates a High-Tech OPEC, pp. 44-45
A new government-Enforced cartel will destroy competition in the semiconductor industry.
- A Visit to South Africa, pp. 46-54
South Africa must have economic freedom-And prosperity-To assure its peaceful survival.
- Social Theorists See Groups, Not People, pp. 55-56
Government transfer benefits seem to have little effect on income distribution.
- The Worst Polluters, pp. 57-58
Compelling evidence that environmental problems are not market-Created phenomena.
- The Political Economy of the U.S. Constitution, pp. 59-69
Reflections on the political and economic wisdom of our Founding Fathers.
- Freedom in the Dock, pp. 70-71
A spirited defense of laissez-faire capitalism.
The Politics of Deficit Spending
- Unbalanced budgets sanction wasteful expenditures, political "pork barreling," and ever-Increasing mountains of debt., pp. 72-77
[+] Review The Capitalist Revolution, by Peter L. Berger (Review) , p. 78
- The Capitalist Revolution by Peter L. Berger
[+] Review Will It Liberate?, by Michael Novak (Review) , pp. 79-80
- Will It Liberate? by Michael Novak