The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
February 1986 Issue - 10 Articles
- Perspective, pp. 41-43
- Government, the State and Private Property, pp. 44-45
The State is intent on taking away private property. Despite its faults, representative...
- The War on Poverty Revisited, pp. 46-51
A unique perspective on the creation of wealth and its impact on living standards. Capi...
- The Constraints on Helping, pp. 52-61
Do social programs do good? no, says the author of Losing Ground. In a carefully constr...
- Consumers, Not Special Interests, pp. 62-65
Special interest laws plunder all consumers, including the people who receive the gover...
- Free Trade and Prosperity, pp. 66-73
Free trade is the market process on an international scale. Prosperity at home and abro...
[+] --- by John Chamberlain (Review) , pp. 74-75
- Liberalism: A Socio-Economic Exposition by Ludwig von Mises
[+] Review Competing Visions, by Richard B. McKenzie (Review) , p. 76
- Competing Visions by Richard B. McKenzie
[+] Review Discovery and the Capitalist Process, by Israe... (Review) , pp. 77-78
- Discovery and the Capitalist Process by Israel M. Kirzner
- To the Editor, pp. 79-80