The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
January 1985 Issue - 10 Articles
- Liberalism Stands for Freedom-A Page on Freedom, No. 15, p. 3
The new "liberals" seek an authoritarian state.
- Beyond the Market, pp. 4-8
Concerning the moral elements that buttress the market.
- Justice Versus "Social Justice", pp. 9-24
The idea of justice in the market economy.
- Competition and Capital, pp. 25-33
Bastial offers clues on how to help "undeveloped" people.
- Let's Liberate Money, pp. 34-39
Reasons why government should not be in the "money" business.
- The Negro and Free Enterprise: A March Forward Singly, pp. 40-48
Progress comes through personal effort and achievement.
- Employer of Last Resort, pp. 49-55
Unemployment is caused, not cured, by coercive intervention.
- A critical review of licensing laws as applied in California., pp. 56-59
[+] Review The Spirit of Enterprise, by George F. Gilder (Review) , pp. 60-62
- The Spirit of Enterprise by George F. Gilder
[+] Review Civil Rights: Rhetoric or Reality, by Thomas S... (Review) , pp. 63-64
- Civil Rights: Rhetoric or Reality by Thomas Sowell