The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
January 1984 Issue - 11 Articles
- A Lesson in Socialism-A Page on Freedom, p. 3
A classroom application of the Marxian formula.
- The Wisdom of King Canute, pp. 4-19
The powers of government have limits, the yearning for liberty survives.
- Creating Future Poor, pp. 20-21
Compulsory redistribution of wealth assures future poverty for all.
- The Supreme Court, pp. 22-26
The law of the land, as implemented in the market place.
- The Need for Political Theory, pp. 27-38
Tracing the origins and debasement of political theory in the United States.
- Thoughts on "Being Our Brother's Keeper", pp. 39-43
Examining the utilitarian and moral aspects of the issue.
Casualties of the War on Poverty
- The antipoverty programs tend to aggravate the problem., pp. 44-55
[+] Review My Own, My Country's Time, by Vermont Royster (Review) , pp. 56-58
- My Own, My Country's Time by Vermont Royster
[+] Review American Political Writing During the Founding... (Review) , pp. 59-60
- American Political Writing During the Founding Era, 1760-1805 by Charles S. Hyneman and Donald S. Lutz
[+] Review The Mystery of Banking, by Murray N. Rothbard (Review) , p. 61
- The Mystery of Banking by Murray N. Rothbard
[+] Review The McGuffey Readers, by William Holmes McGuff... (Review) , pp. 62-64
- The McGuffey Readers by William Holmes McGuffey and Elliott J. Gorn