The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
November 1982 Issue - 11 Articles
- The Fine Art of Cheating, pp. 643-649
How coercive programs invite corrupt practices among beneficiaries and victims.
- Keynesism in a Nutshell, p. 650
Keynes failed to see the disastrous consequences of continued inflation.
- Economic Democracy, pp. 651-659
How political intervention prevents the economic process.
- The State Wades In, pp. 660-661
A case study of the high cost of government assistance.
- A Rebirth of Economic Freedom:The De-Bureaucratization of American Business, pp. 662-672
How business is turning toward smaller operations for better results.
- Capitalism and Greed, pp. 673-677
A personal experience brings home the lesson that self-interest serves other as well.
- First-World Wealth and Third-World Poverty, pp. 678-684
How production and trade help to overcome poverty.
- The Genial Mr.Nock, pp. 685-693
A guided tour of the highlights of the wisdom of Albert Jay Nock.
Socialism Eats the Seed Grain
- The tragedy of a system focused on consumption., pp. 694-699
[+] Review Blaming Technology, by Samuel C. Florman (Review) , pp. 700-702
- Blaming Technology by Samuel C. Florman
[+] Review Social Statics, by Herbert Spencer (Review) , pp. 703-704
- Social Statics by Herbert Spencer