The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
May 1980 Issue - 11 Articles
- Aunt Elsie's Recipe, pp. 259-260
"Take pride in your work, and let other people be, so they can do the same."
- Free Enterprise and Health Care, pp. 261-266
For efficient health care, look to the market instead of political regulation and control.
- The Double-Headed Coin of Rights and Duties, pp. 267-270
The other side of "rights" spells duties
- Health Care: Cross Questions and Crooked Answers, pp. 271-277
Need for medical care depends on the individual's design for living.
- The Economics of Energy, pp. 278-280
How a free market overcomes a "shortage" of natural gas
- Gold Has Risen-But Remains the Same, pp. 281-288
An examination of the monetary role gold has played, and still does.
- Politics and Ideas, pp. 289-298
Political events are the inevitable consequence of economic ideas and policies-and idea...
- In Defense of government, pp. 299-303
In one way or another human actions and relationships will be governed.
Government Cost/Benefit Analyses: The Impetus and the Impotence
- The attempt to justify government subsidies through cost/Benefit studies is bound to fail., pp. 304-314
[+] Review Conservatively Speaking, by Rene A. Wormser (Review) , pp. 315-317
- Conservatively Speaking by Rene A. Wormser
[+] Review Will Capitalism Survive, by Herbert Schmertz (Review) , pp. 318-320
- Will Capitalism Survive by Herbert Schmertz