The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
November 1979 Issue - 9 Articles
- There Is Mo Escape, pp. 643-646
The transfer society is deadly; the only antidote is a firm stand for freedom and moral...
- The Fall of Rome and Modern Parallels, pp. 647-652
Our problems stem from destructive ideas; to reverse our course requires better ideas.
- The Assault on Capital, pp. 653-661
Peace and prosperity are threatened by the political processes of inflation, taxation, ...
- The Illusion Behind Government Aid, pp. 662-664
Trying to live at the expense of others wrecks the productive market economy.
- The Case for the Minimal State, pp. 665-674
Natural law versus the doctrine of utility as the foundation of morality and of limited...
- Welfarism, pp. 675-677
Government redistribution programs tend to aggravate the poverty they purport to cure.
- Marx and the Manifesto, pp. 678-696
A scholarly inspection of the shaky platform of Marxist economic theory.
The Problems with Public Welfare
- Why voluntary charity is better than coercive redistribution schemes., pp. 697-700
[+] Review Edmund Burke and His World, by Alice P. Miller (Review) , pp. 701-704
- Edmund Burke and His World by Alice P. Miller