The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
July 1979 Issue - 10 Articles
- The Mythology of Energy, pp. 387-392
A scholarly exposure of prevailing myths about the energy crisis.
- Repressing Economic Mews, pp. 393-396
If prices are censored, or frozen, they cannot tell producers what goods or services pe...
- Blaming the Victims: The Government's Theory of Inflation, pp. 397-403
Inflation is a monetary phenomenon, resulting from government manipulation and control.
- The Economics of the Barricades, pp. 404-406
The British confrontation between labor, government, and the exhausted taxpayer affords...
- The Redistribution of Wealth-Labor Union Style, pp. 407-418
Competition and freedom, not legal privilege and violence, lead to general prosperity.
- "Windfall" for Consumers in Deregulation of Oil, pp. 419-421
The outlook, if government will let the market function, is for more efficient motors o...
- A New Look at the Invisible Hand, pp. 422-429
Peaceful actions will lead to desirable ends, violent actions to chaos and disorder.
World in the Grip of an Idea 31. The Subjugation of the Individual
- Using members to reduce the individual and subject him to the purposes of those in power., pp. 430-443
[+] Review Decadence and Renewal in the Higher Learning, ... (Review) , pp. 444-446
- Decadence and Renewal in the Higher Learning by Russell Kirk
[+] Review Before the Sabbath, by Eric Hoffer (Review) , pp. 447-448
- Before the Sabbath by Eric Hoffer