The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
March 1978 Issue - 12 Articles
- The Consumer's Role, pp. 131-136
Responsible choice by consumers is the key to the survival of the free market economy i...
- The Market for Labor, pp. 137-143
Concerning syndicalism, profit sharing, codetermination and other coercive measures to ...
- Jeremiah's Job, pp. 144-147
To understand reality and present it in the most effective way is the prophet's job.
- To Be Forewarned..., pp. 148-149
What modern-day prophets were trying to tell us.
- World in the Grip of an Idea 15. Sweden: The Matrix of Tradition and Gradualism, pp. 150-162
The twilight zone of gradualism or evolutionary socialism, as exemplified by Sweden.
- Ten Rules for Understanding Economic Development, pp. 163-168
A critical appraisal of the collective view; a suggestion that growth is personal.
- The Problem with Power, pp. 169-174
The urge to force improvement of others often precludes their voluntary cooperation.
- Political Medicine Breeds Social Conflict, pp. 175-178
A society that transfers property by political force is a society at war.
- Making Sense Out of the World, pp. 179-183
Dropping out of life "to find oneself" may be harmful to the health.
Awake or Asleep?
- Political meddling results in erratic performance., pp. 184-187
[+] Review Enemies of Society, by Paul Johnson (Review) , pp. 188-190
- Enemies of Society by Paul Johnson
[+] Review This Nation Shall Endure, by Ezra Taft Benson (Review) , pp. 191-192
- This Nation Shall Endure by Ezra Taft Benson