The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
April 1978 Issue - 13 Articles
- Guilt, Responsibility and Western Prosperity, pp. 195-199
A rising standard of living hinges on the elevation of spiritual, moral and educational...
- The Hidden Costs of Free Lunches, pp. 200-203
Free lunches, if legislated, are devastatingly expensive to the recipients.
- Living Together, pp. 204-210
Concerning the bonds of sociability underlying the concept of laissez faire.
- The Farm Strike-Will It Do More Harm Than Good?, pp. 211-214
Is a cost-price squeeze sufficient reason to repeal the law of supply and demand?
- Levels of Discussion, pp. 215-219
All ideas must be submitted to the test of free discussion which is a reliable friend o...
- Is the Free Market Ethical?, pp. 220-222
A market free of coercion is on firm moral ground.
- World in the Grip of an Idea 16. Sweden: The Paternal State, pp. 223-234
The curious notion of the paternal state could hardly have come from a careful study of...
- What Price Control Really Means, pp. 235-238
The history of price control is the history of shortages, queues, and dissatisfied cust...
Constitutional Restraints on Power
- Government is the power structure that free men are obliged to restrain., pp. 239-243
[+] Review Beyond failure, by Frank G. Goble (Review) , pp. 244-246
- Beyond failure by Frank G. Goble
Three New Books by Ludwig von Mises
[+] --- by Henry Hazlitt (3 Reviews) , pp. 247-252
- A Critique of Interventionism by Ludwig von Mises
- Notes and Recollections by Ludwig von Mises and Hans F. Sennholz
- On the Manipulation of Money and Credit by Ludwig Von Mises
[+] Review It's No Sin to Be Rich, by William Davis (Review) , pp. 253-254
- It's No Sin to Be Rich by William Davis
[+] Review The People Shapers, by Vance Packard (Review) , pp. 255-256
- The People Shapers by Vance Packard