The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
December 1977 Issue - 11 Articles
- Marco Polo on Money, pp. 707-711
Concerning the way in which paper money became legal tender under Kublai khan.
- World in the Grip of an Idea 12. Nazi-Soviet Parallels, pp. 712-725
The grisly similarity is a result of a similar cause: the commitment to collectivism.
- Deficits and Unemployment, pp. 726-727
The record does not support the notion that inflation creates productive employment.
- The Failure of the "New Economics", pp. 728-730
A timely reminder of the importance of Henry Hazlitt's refutation of the general theory...
- Helped By the Invisible Hand, pp. 731-734
The best way to appreciate "The establishment" is to take a job.
- The Division of Knowledge, pp. 735-740
How the market most efficiently uses the knowledge dispersed among individuals.
- Freedom Is Indivisible, pp. 741-743
Consistent defense of freedom requires rejection of special privileges for ourselves.
- Health Planning in Fort Wayne-The Six Million Dollar Fizzle, pp. 744-751
How the taxpayers and patients pay for federal health planning
On Being Equal
- The result of enforced equality could be poverty and starvation., pp. 752-756
[+] Review To Covet Honor, by Holmes Alexander (Review) , pp. 757-760
- To Covet Honor by Holmes Alexander
- Index for 1977, pp. 761-768