The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
April 1976 Issue - 11 Articles
- The Losing Struggle to Save Private Enterprise, pp. 195-201
A socialist society lacks the moral foundation upon which private enterprise must take ...
- Mother Nature: Friend or Foe?, pp. 202-205
The eternal struggle between nature and culture.
- The 1975 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics: Some Uncomfortable Reflections, pp. 206-211
The problem of economic calculation still confounds socialist planners and some mathema...
- Another Bicentennial: The Publication of the Wealth of Nations, pp. 212-222
How the pursuit of self-interest serves the general welfare.
- The Plot to Print a Masterpiece: Gulliver's Travels, pp. 223-228
In 1976 we're still much to learn from the pen of Jonathan swift in 1726.
- The Right to Food, pp. 229-233
Some hard questions for those who would claim or grant any such "Right."
- The Problems of Halting Economic Growth, pp. 234-241
It's not all that easy to do without the market.
- How Much Competition?, pp. 242-243
Let everyone compete as he chooses; a fair field and no favor
Eat, Drink, Talk
- The sad saga of socialism in Ethiopia., pp. 244-250
[+] Review Robespierre, by Otto J. Scott (Review) , pp. 251-253
- Robespierre by Otto J. Scott
[+] Review Thinking About Crime, by James Q. Wilson (Review) , pp. 254-256
- Thinking About Crime by James Q. Wilson