The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
March 1975 Issue - 12 Articles
- How Inflation Breeds Recession, pp. 131-137
Reasons why it is best to stop inflating now and return to sound economic and fiscal po...
- The Political Costs of Price Inflation, pp. 138-145
Economic breakdown and loss of freedom inevitably follow monetary weakness.
- Thank God for the Mess We're In, pp. 146-149
The mess is a timely warning to change course if we would avert disaster.
- How Rent Controls Hurt the Poor, pp. 150-153
Price-fixing results in a shortage of available housing.
- Nationalize the Power Companies?, pp. 154-155
Would you want your electricity to be delivered by the U.S. postal service?
- The Progression of Profitability, pp. 156-158
Profit is not added to price but is rather the reward for efficiency.
- "Business Must Make a Profit", pp. 159-160
Profit is costless, if earned.
- No New Urban Jerusalem, pp. 161-177
A persuasive appeal to leave to the market the knotty problems of urban renewal.
- Step to the Rear, Please, pp. 178-182
There's better way to get to the head of the line-if you time is worth very much.
- The necessary and useful role they play., pp. 183-184
[+] Review Creative Ordeal the Story of Raytheon, by O.J.... (Review) , pp. 185-187
- Creative Ordeal the Story of Raytheon by O.J. Scott
[+] Review Confessions of a Price Controller, by C. Jacks... (Review) , pp. 188-192
- Confessions of a Price Controller by C. Jackson Grayson Jr. and Louis Neeb