The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
November 1974 Issue - 16 Articles
- The Blindness of Macro-Economics, pp. 643-651
A call to exchange the welfare state for the personal liberty guaranteed in the constit...
- Who Owns the Job?, pp. 652-653
No one; the job is done as owners voluntarily exchange what is theirs.
- Castles in the Air, pp. 654-657
Progress comes as men put foundations under worthy dreams.
- "It's for Real", pp. 658-660
How Los Angeles youngsters start in the lower grades to do business in a free society.
- The Individual and Majority Rule, pp. 661-667
Concerning some of the abuses of majoritarianism against which tocqueville warned.
- Impossible Riddles, pp. 668-669
The regulatory process invariably curtails development.
- The Right to Feel Alienated, pp. 670-673
If one does not feel alienated in the face of smothering collectives, he is lost.
- British Booksellers Learn to Compete, pp. 674-679
How a nineteenth century effort at retail price maintenance was broken to the advantage...
- The "New" Protectionism, pp. 680-690
Statist interventions domestically lead to world trade wars; the antidote is freedom.
- All Different, p. 691
Afford every talent an equal chance to earn another.
- Value and the Welfare State, pp. 692-694
How are individual welfares to be measured in order to arrive at "The general welfare"?
A Reviewer's Notebook
[+] --- by John Chamberlain (Review) , pp. 695-697
- United Nations Journal by William F. Buckley, Jr.
[+] Review An Introduction to Christian Economics, by Gar... (Review) , pp. 698-699
- An Introduction to Christian Economics by Gary North
[+] Review Economic Growth and Stability, by Gottfried Ha... (Review) , p. 700
- Economic Growth and Stability by Gottfried Haberler
[+] Review Roots of the New Republic, by George Dargo (Review) , pp. 701-702
- Roots of the New Republic by George Dargo
[+] Review Pagans in the Pulpit, by Richard S. Wheeler (Review) , pp. 703-704
- Pagans in the Pulpit by Richard S. Wheeler