The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
February 1974 Issue - 13 Articles
- How Not to Cure an Energy Crisis, pp. 67-73
The results of destroying the market are not corrected by further government intervention.
- Our Lives and Goods, pp. 74-78
Our liberty and freedom consist in having those laws by which our lives and goods may b...
- A Prescription to Soothe One's Wounds, pp. 79-81
Practice it in the family and in one's own business.
- The Public Interest of Private Enterprise-And the Private Interest of Public Policy, pp. 82-87
An attempt to define the limits of government which are consistent with competitive pri...
- From Whence Comes the Wind, pp. 88-90
We need occasionally to climb a hill and take a broader view.
- Competition, Monopoly, and the Role of Government, pp. 91-100
Why government should quit trying to promote competition by means of the antitrust laws.
- The False God of Politics, pp. 101-104
Man cannot find in Washington, D.C., answers to questions each must answer for himself.
- Back Door Press Control, pp. 105-113
Government regulation and control of business eventually threatens freedom of the press.
- The Invisible Hand, pp. 114-117
How intelligent pursuit of self-interest promotes freedom and progress in society.
- A Matter of Self-Responsibility, pp. 118-122
In the case of economic "shortages" the issue is not so much self-subsistence as it is ...
A Reviewer's Notebook
[+] --- by John Chamberlain (2 Reviews) , pp. 123-125
- Fascism by Paul M. Hayes
- As We Go Marching by John T. Flynn
[+] Review Education in a Free Society, by Anne H. Burleigh (Review) , p. 126
- Education in a Free Society by Anne H. Burleigh
[+] Review Labor Legislation from an Economic Point of Vi... (Review) , pp. 127-128
- Labor Legislation from an Economic Point of View by Gustavo R. Velasco