The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
April 1970 Issue - 15 Articles
- A Capitalistic Commandment, pp. 195-200
How man's reason leads to property, tools, a moral code, and civilized society
- National Goals, pp. 201-203
Goals that depend upon coercive measures may destroy people
- Welfarism and Its Consequences, pp. 204-212
How Federal "pump priming" upsets the domestic economy and creates international problems
- A Disturbing Awakening, pp. 213-215
If we condone violence to take property for welfare purposes, how can we consistently u...
- The Role of Students in the Governance of Law Schools, pp. 216-220
ideas, intellectual climate, and incentives are not primarily a matter of governance
- Sinking in a Sea of Buts, pp. 221-223
As long as we advocate government aid for our own special project, we'll find no solid ...
- Bigness in Business, pp. 224-232
How government intervention induces and aggravates the merger movement in industry
- Inflation, pp. 233-236
An engineer's view of how inflation is engineered by government
- The Age of Authoritarianism, pp. 237-240
The political process lacks the power to regulate its excesses; the cure rests with ind...
- Bet Your Life?, p. 241
If we count on the tax collector for our security, we'd better believe that socialism w...
Christian Charity vs. Government Welfare
- The non-Christian may object to government welfare on other grounds; the Christian, as a matter of faith, pp. 242-244
[+] Review John Adams, by Anne Husted Burleigh (Review) , pp. 245-247
- John Adams by Anne Husted Burleigh
[+] Review Man vs. the Welfare State, by Henry Hazlitt (Review) , pp. 248-250
- Man vs. the Welfare State by Henry Hazlitt
[+] Review Design with Nature, by Ian L. McHarg (Review) , pp. 251-254
- Design with Nature by Ian L. McHarg
[+] Review The Police, by Nathan F. Iannone and Marvin P.... (Review) , pp. 255-256
- The Police by Nathan F. Iannone and Marvin P. Iannone