Collier's Weekly Archives
Collier's Weekly • 32 Years, 1,385 Issues, 24,514 Articles, 104,177pp
September 8, 1945 Issue - 21 Articles
- Keep Up with the World, pp. 6-7
- Wing Talk, pp. 8-10
- Air Power---Today and Tomorrow, pp. 11-12
First of two parts. An expert tells how the Luftwaffe almost won the war, and explains ...
- This Is for Real, p. 13
He claimed he wasn't a hero, but a girl helped him prove his courage
- Warriors' Paradise, pp. 14-15
The Riviera---where G.I.'s live in style to which they are unaccustomed
- The New Boy, pp. 16-17
She tried taking on the new love before she was off with the old
- Crazy Over 'Chases, p. 18
The sport of kings is more of a gamble when the jumpers race
- The First Telechrome, p. 19
The latest in magazine photographic reproduction---a color photo of the Big Three sent ...
- Where's All the Sugar?, p. 20
Consider the uses to which sugar is put in wartime, and you won't be surprised there's ...
- It Shouldn't Happen to a Dog, p. 21
The Serial Story, Conclusion
- Tomorrow's Navy, pp. 22-23
Models of future warships are being tested in a new kind of workshop
- Brother Leatherneck, pp. 24-25
He left a monastery to join the Marines and fight on a Pacific beachhead
- Work of Art, pp. 26-32
The Short Short Story
- They See Without Looking, pp. 33-47
Service Center girls are working miracles for battle-scarred veterans
- G.I. Ideas, pp. 48-54
The Army's "technical detectives" save American lives by stealing the enemy's tricks
- The Man Without a Climate, pp. 55-57
Something besides the sunshine called him back to California
- Right as Rain, pp. 58-77
It took one man to make a mess of Lou's life---and two to straighten it out
- Your New Fur Coat, pp. 78-80
The chemist treats lambskin with plastic, and lo, it comes up fur!
- The Week's Work, p. 81
- Editorials, pp. 82-84
More About the OPA; Will Your Gift Get There?; What Youth Do You Mean, Doc?