The Claremont Review of Books Archives
The Claremont Review of Books • 11 Years, 32 Issues, 803 Articles, 1,872pp
Spring 2001 Issue - 14 Articles
[+] The Hunt for Big Tobacco (Review) , pp. 4-5
A Question of Intent, by David Kessler
- A Question of Intent by David Kessler
[+] Ariel Sharon's Dilemma (Review) , p. 6
Warrior, by Ariel Sharon and David Chanoff
- Warrior by Ariel Sharon and David Chanoff
- The Peace Process Is Dead. Let's Bury It, p. 7
Harry V. Jaffa on the end of the Oslo Accords and the future of American policy.
[+] The Darwinian Mind and Faith of Justice Holmes (Review) , p. 8
Law Without Values, by Albert W. Alschuler
- Law Without Values by Albert W. Alschuler
[+] Three Generations of Liberalism Are Enough (Review) , p. 9
Blood of the Liberals, by George Packer
- Blood of the Liberals by George Packer
[+] Tom Sowell in Practice and Theory (2 Reviews) , pp. 10-11
A Personal Odyssey, by Thomas Sowell
- A Personal Odyssey by Thomas Sowell
- Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell
- There Once Were Giants, pp. 12-13
How the Hollywood Western stood tall against the triumphs of Progressivism.
- Bobo Virtue and the Future of Liberty, pp. 14-15
The new Bourgeois Bohemian sets the popular tone, but he cannot and should not lead.
- Here's The Rest of Him, p. 16
Historians and biographers have missed the full significance of Ronald Reagan's Hollywo...
[+] The Art of War and Self-Deception (2 Reviews) , p. 17
The China Threat, by Bill Gertz
- The China Threat by Bill Gertz
- Hegemon by Steven W. Mosher
[+] Freedom Fighters (Review) , p. 18
The Soul of Battle, by Victor Davis Hanson
- The Soul of Battle by Victor Davis Hanson
[+] The Weakest Link (Review) , pp. 19-21
The Kinder, Gentler Military, by Stephanie Gutmann
- The Kinder, Gentler Military by Stephanie Gutmann
- Rebels Without a Cause, p. 22
When will the rock 'n' roll rebels at the New York Times ever learn?
- A Stroll Down Gin Lane, pp. 23-24
We wanted to assemble a distinguished panel of experts to rate the best gins. But that ...