California Political Review Archives
California Political Review • 21 Years, 106 Issues, 1,580 Articles, 4,252pp
Jul/Aug 1998 Issue - 16 Articles
- Correspondence, p. 2
- Sacramento Spectator, p. 3
- Education, p. 4
- Front Line, p. 5
- Facts about Gun Control, p. 6
- Legislative File, p. 7
- The Law, pp. 8-10
- Midnight Economist, p. 11
- The Working Press, pp. 12-13
- The 22nd CD Race, p. 14
Ferrier is wrong in his attempt to exonerate Campaign for Working Families in Tom Bordo...
- The Freedom to Agree, pp. 15-16
The L.A.U.S.D. Board of Education shows its appreciation for open-minded debate. These ...
- Woe Unto Us: The 1999 California Budget, pp. 17-20
The debate over the automobile tax, more than a mere squabble over a surplus, is a stru...
- It Ain't So, pp. 21-25
Responding to CPR's criticisms of the chief justice: Ron George's conservative credenti...
- The Judiciary 1998, pp. 26-31
Do our judges serve the law? Highlights from a Republican Town Meeting Part I: A Debate...
Arts & Culture
- Criticus, pp. 32-34
Amidst the "Dreaming Spires" of Mattchew Arnold's Oxford, CPR's European correspondent ...
[+] The New Absolutes (Review) , pp. 35-40
Liberals, trading old absolutes for new ones, become closet devotees of a mindless orth...
- The New Absolutes by William D. Watkins