California Political Review Archives
California Political Review • 21 Years, 106 Issues, 1,580 Articles, 4,252pp
Jul/Aug 1997 Issue - 17 Articles
- Correspondence, p. 2
- Spectator, p. 3
- The Law, p. 4
- The Front Line, pp. 5-6
- Legislative File, p. 7
- Midnight Economist, p. 8
- Education, p. 9
- The Working Press, pp. 10-12
- Letter from Concerned Citizens, p. 13
Pithy correspondence to Sen. Bruce McPherson upon his alliance with Tom Hayden against ...
- Cover Article - Taking the Baton Bill Leonard, Tom Bordonaro Jr., Keith Olberg, pp. 14-16
Conversations with California's new Assembly Republican Leader and two likely members o...
- Imperfect Remedies in the Realm of the Possible, p. 17
Why conservatives, albeit reluctantly, support term limits.
- California's Dirty Little Secret, pp. 18-19
The Democrats' 16 years of unconstitutional state tax increases.
- Cover Article - A Union Fat Cat's Weight-Loss Plan, pp. 20-22
Want real campaign reform? Consider a new state-wide initiative to ban the use of force...
- Barry Munitz's New Age Cal State University, pp. 23-25
CSU Chancellor Barry Munitz humbly shepherds California's young toward a new order, inv...
Arts & Culture
- Criticus, pp. 26-29
The old fire of the medieval odium theologicum appears anew -- reserved for heretics wh...
[+] Book Brief (Review) , pp. 30-31
Unconventional Wisdom: The Best of Warren Brookes
- Unconventional Wisdoms by Warren Brookes
- Arts, Culture, Leisure, pp. 32-34
A Central Valley Bistro