California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
August 2004 Issue - 14 Articles
- Upfront, p. 4
- Talking Points, p. 5
- The Minnie Awards, pp. 6-16
California Journal's eighth biennial recognition of the Legislature's best and brightes...
- Rostrum, p. 17
- The part-time Legislature, pp. 18-22
- Soapbox, p. 23
- Budget speak, pp. 24-29
- The 'Peace Corps' of public policy, pp. 30-34
For nearly 60 years, California's fellowship programs have been grooming the next gener...
- D.C. Perspective, p. 35
- People, pp. 36-37
- Battles in Bakersfield, pp. 38-41
GOP domination of Kern County politics haven't prevented Republicans from waging a fier...
[+] CJ's summer reading list (11 Reviews) , pp. 42-45
They aren't necessarily beach books, but our Top Ten picks all offer a California conne...
- The King of California by Mark Arax and Rick Wartzman
- Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
- Why Arnold Matters by Michael Blitz and Louise Krasniewicz
- Rain of Gold by Victor E. Villasenor
- At Work by Mark Dean Johnson and Gray Brechin
- Bear in Mind by Susan Snyder
- The Golden Game by Kevin Nelson and Hank Greenwald
- Jewish Life in the American West by Ava Fran Kahn
- Governor Reagan: His Rise to Power by Lou Cannon
- President Reagan: The Role of a Lifetime by Lou Cannon
- The Barbary Plague by Marilyn Chase
- MoveOn.org, pp. 46-52
California's home-grown activist machine began in Berkeley but has become a national ph...
- Cover illustration