California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
August 2002 Issue - 12 Articles
- Upfront, p. 4
- Talking Points, pp. 5-7
Lights, Camera, Gorton
- The death penalty, pp. 8-11
California's hot-button issue is cooling in opinion polls. DNA exonerations, an unfair ...
- Judge Davis, pp. 12-16
Governor Davis has approved only two of the 104 parole cases that have reached his desk...
- Southern Exposure, p. 17
LA school funds
- Experimenting with parole, pp. 18-23
This research report from the Urban Institute reveals the striking contrast between inc...
- Campaign trail: crime, pp. 24-26
Excerpts from speeches to the California District Attorneys Association by the gubernat...
- Rostrum, p. 27
Readers Sound Off
- Terrorism and California, pp. 28-32
Nearly a year after the attacks in New York and Washington, California state government...
- Our terrorism czar, pp. 33-37
George Vinson, California's first ever Special Advisor on State Security, said he sleep...
- Schwarzenegger's 2002 Campaign, pp. 38-41
Arnold Schwarzenegger, a.k.a. The Terminator, talks in a CJ interview about the ballot ...
- D.C. Perspective, pp. 42-44