California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
September 1997 Issue - 13 Articles
- Up Front, pp. 4-6
- Two Cents, p. 7
- Budget Dysfunction, pp. 8-11
The process of building a budget has become an agonizing annual gauntlet. Is the proces...
- Ballot-Box Budgeting, pp. 12-15
A timeline shows the influence voters have had in weighing down the budget process.
- Local Government Finance, pp. 16-24
Since the passage of Proposition 13, local governments have struggled to make ends meet...
- The Bottom Line, p. 25
- Proposition 13, pp. 26-27
As California's landmark tax-cutting initiative enters its 20th year, we present two vi...
- Orange County Politics, pp. 28-33
The Republican Party is still the dominant political force in Orange County. But recent...
- Rostrum, pp. 34-36
- Southern Exposure, p. 37
- Earthquake Insurance, pp. 38-43
The California Earthquake Authority has eased the state's crisis in the availablity of ...
- Washington Perspective, pp. 44-46
- Cover Illustration