California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
January 1991 Issue - 12 Articles
- Up Front, p. 4
- Rostrum, pp. 5-6
- A bittersweet farewell, pp. 7-14
George Deukmejian kept his campaign promises. In the end, that proved to be a source of...
- Ballot Front, pp. 15-16
- Pete Wilson's point man, pp. 17-21
Chief of Staff Bob White has been with the governor since Pete Wilson was an assemblyman.
- Redistricting by Lawsuit, pp. 22-28
A court decision paved the way for LA. County's new supervisorial seat, ending what has...
- Editorial electioneering, pp. 29-32
Nearly every newspaper endorses or opposes candidates and propositions on its editorial...
- Women in the press, pp. 33-38
Was 1990 the "Year of the Woman?" Not in the Capitol press corps.
- Mello-Roos districts, pp. 39-40
Mello-Roos districts provide a new way for local governments to sell bonds. Not everyon...
- Tales from the crypt, pp. 41-43
The stories could have come from a macabre movie. Instead, they came from the Riverside...
- Washington Perspective, pp. 44-46
- Cover photo