California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
September 1986 Issue - 16 Articles
- Up Front, pp. 420-422
- The Supreme Court election, pp. 423-427
If California voters oust one or more Supreme Court justices this November, it may have...
- Court record, pp. 428-434
Has the California Supreme Court's long-standing reputation for making precedent-settin...
- Criminal case decisions, pp. 435-438
An examination of the Bird Court's decisions in criminal cases.
- Gang of three, pp. 439-442
Do Bird, Grodin and Reynoso form a judicial voting bloc on the state Supreme Court?
- Death penalty, pp. 443-446
Is California lagging far behind other states in implementing the death penalty?
- Campaigning judges, pp. 447-450
Rose Bird's battle to keep her seat has not had much impact on lower court judges' camp...
- Rose Bird and the press, pp. 451-455
The chief justice has always had a rocky relationship with the press.
- Fiscal hieroglyphics, p. 456
Lawmakers will pass a $30 billion budget in the blink of an eye, but a $10 appropriatio...
- 1986-87 Budget, pp. 457-460
The controversies were few and far between in this year's budget negotiations.
- Rostrum, p. 461
- Roll Call, p. 462
- Bakersfield races, pp. 463-464
A look at the campaigns for the 16th Senate and 33rd Assembly district seats in and aro...
- Ballot Front, p. 465
- Letter, pp. 466-468
- Cover painting