California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
April 1983 Issue - 17 Articles
- Teacher quality, pp. 141-143
- The legislative trade-offs, p. 144
- Confidence in the Corner Office, p. 145
Governor Deukmejian's handlers believe he can achieve great popularity and use it effec...
- New in print, pp. 146-147
- Winning in the mailbox, pp. 148-149
Governor Deukmejian actually lost on election day but won through a massive absentee dr...
- Ballot front, p. 150
- Those presidential primaries, pp. 151-152
Some state Democrats want to vote earlier because their June choices get no respect nat...
- Mapping farmland's future, pp. 153-154
An ambitious state project will provide data for all future debates on agland loss to u...
- Public finance for campaigns?, pp. 155-157
There is new bipartisan steam in the old engine pushing changes in legislators' fund ra...
- The penny-pinching congressman, p. 158
- Advice from the analyst, pp. 159-161
Legislative Analyst William Hamm suggests dozens of ways to save millions - but he does...
- Rostrum, p. 162
- 'Hot walker' Ken Maddy, pp. 163-165
On the '86 racetrack to the U.S. Senate, Ken Maddy could be in the Republicans' post po...
- Taking the Bar to court, pp. 166-167
When attorneys disagree with an organization they must join, what do they do? Sue.
- Roll call, pp. 168-169
- Banning the plea bargain, p. 170
- Letter, pp. 171-172