California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
October 1980 Issue - 15 Articles
- The water war of the '80s, pp. 376-378
In the courts, voting booths and Capitol halls, Californians will fight the battle begu...
- Carter's man in California, pp. 379-380
LA attorney Mickey Kantor thinks that running the president's campaign is a crusade, no...
- Reagan's worst scenario, pp. 381-382
Win the election and still lose the presidency? It's possible, thanks to the Constituti...
- The right-hand man, pp. 383-384
Bob Haldeman or Ham Jordan he is not - but Ed Meese would be a key figure in Ronald Rea...
- The hot ones: cowboy vs. patriot, pp. 385-386
Up in the Gold Country, state Senator John Garamendi faces a high-noon duel with conser...
- That flexible-mortgage fight, pp. 387-388
The savings and loan industry will be back next year to seek the controversial bill tha...
- Special section, pp. 389-392
- The new breed of lobbyist, pp. 393-397
Political reform laws changed the game rules, but Sacramento's Third House still wields...
- Edsels and bar pilots, p. 398
- Newsmakers, p. 399
- The rating game, pp. 400-401
- The child-abuse maze, pp. 402-403
- Roll call, pp. 404-405
- Strictly opinion, p. 406
- Letter, pp. 407-408