California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
July 1979 Issue - 17 Articles
- Carol Hallett's climb to power, pp. 228-230
As the new Assembly minority leader, Mrs. Hallett must drive a restless herd of Republi...
- Year of the politician, pp. 231-234
Senior Senator Alan Cranston is already gearing up for 1980, his toughest, most expensi...
- Reapportioning for the '80s, pp. 235-236
Can the GOP grab enough seats next year to prevent Democrats from redrawing the state's...
- The voucher revolution, p. 237
In less than a year, voters may have to decide if the Coons-Sugarman plan means choice ...
- Rostrum, pp. 238-239
- Our overcrowded prisons, pp. 240-243
The public demands punishment, and the state's penal facilities are jammed as a result.
- PLF and the blue butterfly, pp. 244-245
In battling environmentalists and government regulators. Pacific Legal Foundation uses ...
- Newsmakers, p. 246
- What realtors really want, pp. 247-248
- Dow, Sohio and?, pp. 249-250
- Berkeley's reborn radicals, pp. 251-252
Congressman Dellums' political machine chugged to a big local victory in the "year-of-a...
- The disappearing 'act of God', pp. 253-254
If an earthquake strikes, can local governments afford the legal aftershocks of public ...
- Battle of the political bucks, p. 255
- Roll call, p. 256
- Courts, p. 257
- Charting the issues, p. 258
- Letter, pp. 259-260