California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
October 1978 Issue - 17 Articles
- The advertising arms race, pp. 316-318
- Pitchman's lament, pp. 319-320
- Campaign '78: boos and cheers, pp. 321-323
Voter enthusiasm is underwhelming as November nears - that's what pollsters are telling...
- San Jose's growth politics, p. 324
- Daddy Bigbucks' record, pp. 325-326
After years of making headlines, Jesse Unruh now is making unseen changes in the surplu...
- Capitol press corps revisited, pp. 327-328
Television newscasters have rediscovered Sacramento - but will their cameras remain aft...
- The new fiscal watchdog, pp. 329-331
Following in A. Alan Post's footsteps, Bill Hamm is looking for the same bipartisan sup...
- Cal-Tax: big-biz, pp. 332-333
Kirk West and the California Taxpayers Association mean business when, they speak to Sa...
- The rural caucus, pp. 334-335
- How to lick 'coordimeetparalysis', pp. 336-337
Could Proposition 13's political chaos lead to long-term, creative reform of local gove...
- Capsules, p. 338
- Newsmakers, p. 338
- Roll Call, pp. 339-340
- Rostrum, p. 341
- Charting the issues, p. 342
- Letter, p. 343
- Ballot Propositions and Key Races
The Journal presents background and arguments on eight ballot issues, plus political an...