California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
August 1978 Issue - 15 Articles
- Cut the budget, pp. 244-245
You, too, can play the bureaucrats' newest game and learn what their life is like after...
- Black politicians on the rise, pp. 246-248
After two decades of impressive gains, the state's Black officials wonder what the '80s...
- Capsules, p. 249
- Bradley for governor in '82?, pp. 250-251
Even some of his best friends are worrying this year about the LA mayor's leadership gap.
- Rose Bird's record, pp. 252-254
Will the Chief Justice's critics know by November what she has said and done on the bench?
- Courts, p. 255
- Judicial tower of Babel, pp. 256-258
The Supreme Court's Bakke decision provided more questions than answers - but that may ...
- Loser/loser in 1978, pp. 259-260
Their Jarvis-Gann defeat was a rare exception in the success story of campaign managers...
- Newsmakers, p. 261
- The adoptees' 'right-to-know', pp. 262-263
There are no simple solutions in the emotional struggle over opening sealed birth records.
- Life after Jarvis, pp. 264-268
That old Brown magic worked again in the budget-cutting, wage-freezing performance foll...
- The huge pension headache, pp. 269-271
All of the state's public-employee systems are in trouble-except for the legislators' o...
- Roll Call, pp. 272-273
- Charting the issues, p. 274
- Letter, pp. 275-276