California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
September 1977 Issue - 17 Articles
- Delegation in disarray, pp. 292-295
California's congressmen have tarnished their image of unity with private rivalries and...
- Reagan's holding operation, pp. 296-298
Born in defeat, the Citizens for the Republic now have money, clout - and dreams of 1980.
- Running the court show, p. 299
The "early Bird," as chief justice, is insisting that judges, not administrators, lead ...
- Avoiding McComb cases, pp. 300-301
- Capsules, p. 302
- Moscone's mid-term exam, pp. 303-305
San Francisco's bizarre election is over, but the city's political future may be as con...
- Two targets for the GOP, pp. 306-307
Mervyn Dymally and Ken Cory are the most vulnerable Democratic candidates as the 1978 s...
- Waking the paper tiger, p. 308
- Shaking up the boards, pp. 309-311
The new public members on state licensing agencies are asking questions and pushing for...
- The Governor's favorite cop, pp. 312-313
Santa Ana's police chief has blended PR, politics and luck into a crime-fighting image ...
- Caucus by Hugo, p. 314
- Government's soft underbelly, pp. 315-316
"Disclosure" is the name of the game for thousands of decision-makers under the new con...
- Rostrum, p. 317
- Up the job ladder, pp. 318-319
- Roll call, pp. 320-321
- Double Cross, p. 322
- Letter, pp. 323-324