California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
November 1977 Issue - 15 Articles
- The California connection, pp. 364-366
The Korean scandal has blended rice, money and influence in a recipe that's producing p...
- Pete Wilsons's mealticket, pp. 367-369
Next year's big issue will be an expensive, emotional initiative fight over public empl...
- The hospitals' chronic ills, pp. 370-372
Old problems still persist in the state's mental hospitals despite more hearings, more ...
- Little Hoover's new image, pp. 373-375
Is it politics or principle that has Governor Brown feuding with the state's watchdog c...
- 'Skin power' on the beach, pp. 376-377
Skinnydippers may have lost a battle in San Diego, but they're hoping to win the war in...
- Earl Warren's flawed memories, pp. 378-379
- Lee Judge, p. 380
- Huff on the hot seat, pp. 381-383
With so few friends and so many enemies, can the Franchise Tax Board's executive office...
- Double Cross, p. 384
- 1977 Legislative Wrapup, pp. 385-388
Governor Brown's veto bite didn't match his conservative bark.
- Sunset for the do-gooders, pp. 389-391
Three years after their Proposition Nine glory, the political reformers are fading fast...
- Maturing, not dying, pp. 392-393
We're alive, well and ready for new battles, says Cause's state chairman in rebuttal.
- Capsules, p. 394
- Newsmakers, p. 394
- Letter, pp. 395-396