California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
April 1977 Issue - 16 Articles
- The attempted humiliation of Jerry Brown, pp. 108-109
Excerpts from a new political book tell how the Carterites tried to humble the Californ...
- A surprise view of Cesar Chavez, p. 110
A former legislator holding high appointive office describes a Chicano view that is not...
- The Drought Encyclopedia, pp. 111-122
Two parched years have wrought havoc on this agricultural state. In question-and-answer...
- Metropolitan newspapers, pp. 123-124
- Underground newspapers, pp. 125-126
- A non-campus Daily Cal, pp. 127-128
- Capsules, p. 129
- Caucus by Hugo, p. 130
- Republican post mortem, pp. 131-132
This state's ex-GOP chairman outlines the strategic blunders that marked the Ford-Reaga...
- California's Washington lobbyist, p. 133
Joe Beeman, long-time Phil Burton associate, now owes his loyalty - and growing budget ...
- Courts, pp. 134-135
- An extraordinary newsletter, pp. 136-137
This questionnaire brings a voter face to face with some of the toughest dilemmas in la...
- LA's last wide-open space, pp. 138-139
There's a 7-ring circus trying to preserve the Santa Monica Mountains. Can the performe...
- Roll Call, pp. 140-141
- Political double cross, p. 142
- Letter, pp. 143-144